ur 3M™ Fire Barrier Wrap Strips FS-195+ are a convenient and cost-effective firestop for plastic pipe, insulated pipe and cable, blank and other penetrations in fire-rated wall, floor and floor/ceiling assemblies. This intumescent firestop with aluminum foil exterior blocks flame, heat and toxic by-products of combustion. Installers simply wrap the strips around the penetration, secure and seal.
Fire Barrier FS 195
- Material is intumescent for thermal insulation (Intumescent material effectively firestops non-metallic penetrants)
- Aluminum foil exterior makes for accurate, effective installation
- Easily installed – simply wrap, secure and seal
- Re-enterable material saves time and money after installation
- Firestop tested up to 4 hours in accordance with ASTM E 814 (UL 1479)
- Plastic pipe and conduit penetrations up to 10” diameter
- Metal pipe penetrations
- Insulated pipe penetrations
- Blank penetrations
- Bus ducts
- Cable trays and bundles
- In conjunction with 3M™ Fire Barrier Composite Sheet CS-195+ for large openings
- Use with 3M™ Fire Barrier RC-1 Restricting Collar
3M™ Fire Barrier Strips FS-195+ can be installed into a wide range of applications because of its convenient wrappable strip construction – the flexible, firestop material comes in strips which can be quickly and easily wrapped around the penetration. Installers simply apply the strip, cut it with common tools, secure it in place with a 3M™ Fire Barrier RC-1 Restricting Collar, steel tie wire and/or 3M™ Composite Sheet CS-195+ and seal it with materials such as 3M™ Fire Barrier CP25WB Caulk or Moldable Putty. It is designed for excellent weatherability against temperature and humidity, and is re-enterable to save added time and material costs after installation.